2016 was an amazing year at Walt Disney World with amazing new shows and attractions. We get addicted to all of the magic that Disney has to offer. 2017 is sure to be an even better year with all kinds of new experiences and adventures to have at Walt Disney World. Here is a sneak peek at a few of the known additions currently planned for 2017:
- Pandora – The World of Avatar: This new land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is expected to open in the summer of 2017. This land will bring Pandora to life right before our eyes. It will also include two different rides and dining options.
- Raft Ride at Typhoon Lagoon: A new raft ride is coming to this popular water park that will perfectly fit the typhoon theme. This ride will last around 2 minutes, making it one of the longest lasting water park rides. It is expected to open in Spring of 2017.
- Rivers of Light: Rivers of Light has been long awaited and was expected for 2016. It was scheduled for opening and then due to technical complications, it was postponed. Now Disney is expecting this show, which is a mix of water, lights, fireworks and so much more, to debut in 22017. Cast test runs are already underway. This is going to be one of the most exciting and unique shows that we have seen at Walt Disney World.
- Star Wars Tour/Dining Experience: Disney has announced that there will be a 7 hour guided Star Wars tour. The tour includes character meet and greets, Star Wars dining, tours of Star Wars attractions, dessert party with VIP viewing of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular and more. This is a must do for the Star Wars fans out there.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort is expected to add this newly themed area that will include waterfront cabins, a new pool concept, restaurants and more. The area will be a DVC resort area and is expected to be extremely popular.
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts: This all new festival is planned for six weekends in January and February. The festival will include musical performances, culinary creations, artwork and more. It is expected to be a similar format to the other festivals that take place at Epcot. Hopefully it will be
- Continued Disney Springs Expansion: There are a lot of new additions still planned for Disney Springs in 2017. Disney Springs, formerly Downtown Disney, has been undergoing a massive transformation to the new theming to include new restaurants, shopping, entertainment and more. New restaurants that are currently planned to open in 2017 include Paddlefish, Planet Hollywood Observatory, The Polite Pig and Wine Bar George.We look forward to sampling these new locations.