Disney announced that pizza kiosks will be coming to the bus stops at All-Star Music and All-Star Movies. The pizza kiosks will provide guests with a simplified pizza menu that they can order food from to take to their room right from the bus stop. This allows them from the hours of 7PM to 10PM to grab their pizza and get dinner or a late night snack before bed without the hassle of going and waiting in line at the food court. This would save families a lot of time and hassle. If this catches on and is successful, we expect to see similar kiosks set up at other resorts on Walt Disney property.
Check out our article Below 10 Great Things about Disney’s All-Star Music, Sports, and Movies Resorts by Cassie
10. Gift Shops/General Stores-Maestro Mickey’s at the All-Star Music resort, Sport Goofy Gifts & Sundries at All-Star Sports resort, and Donald’s Double Feature Stuff at All-Star Movies, have souvenirs, some grocery items, personal items, apparel, pins, autograph books, mugs, etc. and also serve as the pick-up point for anything you may have purchased in the Parks and chose to have them delivered to your resort rather than carrying them around. You can pick up resort-themed merchandise in your resort gift shop only.
9. Sports-Each of the All-Star’s has a one-mile jogging trail that encircles the resort. I find running on the trail helps give me a perspective of the resort I won’t get anywhere else. These three are close enough to run them all, or a leisurely walk if that is more to your liking.
8. Kind of the Same, Yet Different-They all have photographs of celebrities, in their main building. They have stars everywhere. There are 5,740 guest rooms, which are the same, except for the outside décor. There are standard rooms at all of the resorts and All-Star Music has 298 Family Suites to choose from. They all have laundry/laundromat services. They each have refrigerators, TV, wall mirror, single sink, clock radio and wall safe. The main buildings, food court, pool-side bars, arcade, hall of fame displays, gift shop, they are in the same places so once you have an All-Star map down, you are good to go at any of them.
7. Activities for Children-make sure you visit any of the Disney pools for a unique experience, they are not just for swimming in. Near the Jazz building is a playground and at Melody Hall there is the Note’able Games Arcade. Any of these will be good play for the kiddos. Every evening, weather permitting, Movies Under the Stars takes place, near the main building/pool areas. Reel Fun Arcade at the All-Star Movies resort in Cinema Hall. Game Point Arcade can be found in Stadium Hall next to the food court. Children can also take part in poolside games during the day.
6. Theming of the Rooms– All-Star resorts have wood and metal accents in the resort rooms. Headboards span the two queen-sized beds and is adorned with a red star. Bedding is similar to many other resorts, white with a short multi-color cover which has a star pattern repeated. The walls have an attractive green and yellow color scheme. A resort-themed border adorns the walls just below the ceiling. The Standard rooms are only 260-square feet yet they are comfortable. The rooms are identical so just choose the resort/building theme that will make you the happiest!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
5. Music-At All-Star Music Resort you will hear popular tunes that cross over between rock ‘n’ roll, Jazz, country, show tunes to the Calypso music of the islands. You will hear different background music as you explore the resorts. All-Star Movies obviously plays the music from the different films featured there. All-Star Sports has some big band music you probably have heard during half-time at a football game. In the football section of the resort.
4. Dining Options- Intermission is the name given to the All-Star Music, World Premiere at All-Star Movies, and End Zone at the All-Star Sports resorts. These food courts offer a nice variety of food and beverages and are open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Their hours are 6:30AM to 11PM. There is a limited room service available from late afternoon to 11PM. You can pick up beverages at the pool-side bars. World Premier has received better feedback from guests over the other food courts. The All-Stars are near Disney’s Animal Kingdom and a McDonald’s. Each food court seats up to 500 guests and they are very crowded during breakfast hours. Singing Spirits Pool Bar (All-Star Music) sells a long list of specialty cocktails draft beers, bottled beers, wine and Sangria. Grandstand Spirits at All-Star Sports has basically the same menu as All-Star Music. The Silver Screen Spirits Bar offers similar drinks but a shorter list, as well as non-alcoholic choices. Conveniently the Spirits Bar function both as outdoor pool bars, they also have a service window that opens into the food courts.
3. Most Disney Swimming Pools Are Themed and it holds true in this trio of All-Star resorts. All-Star Music has a guitar-shaped pool. The Calypso Pool has an island in the middle that has the Three Caballeros on it. You will find a kiddie pool near this pool, and it is the location for the Movies Under the Stars each night. Music also has a Piano-shaped pool that has the black and white keys that kids are free to play on. Each of the All-Star’s have two themed pools and a kiddie pool. All-Star Movies has a pool shaped like a hockey rink for the Mighty Ducks, and a Fantasia-themed pool featuring Sorcerer Mickey. Unfortunately these Disney resorts do not have any water slides, but they do have fountains that splash on swimmers, and are a good value option for those wishing to stay on Disney property. Take a dip in Surfboard Bay at All-Star Sports, that is surrounded by 3-stories high surfboards or visit the Grand Slam Pool that has 3-stories high baseball bats. The pool is shaped like a baseball diamond and Goofy is there to “pitch” a stream of water.
2. Made for Families– All-Star Music has a Family Suite that sleeps up to six adults. It has 1 queen-size bed and 1 Twin Sleeper chair and q double-size sleeper sofa and 1 twin size sleeper. The super-sized icons are a delight to all ages and the resort’s affordability is a big plus. Getting to use the complimentary Disney transportation and Extra Magic Hours as well as the charging perks that come with being WDW resort guests are a pretty big draw. If you are not going to be in your resort room most of the time, where you sleep is not as important. Although this is a good value as far as lodgings on Walt Disney World property, the bus stops are not shaded and that could be a problem in the mornings when the bus stops are very busy.
1. Larger-than-life icons such as a giant Juke Box or Electric Guitars, giant Drum Sets and Microphones at All-Star Music resort that will delight the music lovers in the group. Maybe you would like to play football between the 4-stories tall football helmets. Can you hear the crowd cheering you on as you play baseball with Huey and Dewey? Or grab one of those 51-foot tall tennis racquets? All-Star Movies features Fantasia, Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, Mighty Ducks, and The Love Bug. You love Buzz and Woody? Well you can see 35 and 25-foot versions of them.