Walt Disney World is a massive vacation destination that boasts four theme parks, two water parks, a shopping district, dozens of attractions, countless resorts, and endless dining opportunities. With so much to see and experience on a Walt Disney World vacation, guests can become a little overwhelmed when trying to plan out their trip. While each experience in Disney is magical on its own, there are some that are so special and enjoyable that they simply can’t be missed. Here are seven things that guests must experience on a Walt Disney World vacation!
7. A Dining Experience – Since Walt Disney World is so large, there are countless dining opportunities for guests to enjoy. With an array of food options ranging from burgers and fries to signature dining, each guest is sure to find a dining location to enjoy regardless of their preferences or budget. Some of the best quick service locations in Walt Disney World are Sunshine Seasons in The Land in Epcot, Satu’li Canteen in Pandora – World of Avatar in Animal Kingdom, Columbia Harbour House the Magic Kingdom’s Liberty Square, and Sassagoula Floatworks and Food in Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter. Some of the most popular full service dining locations are the California Grill in Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Be Our Guest Restaurant in Magic Kingdom, Le Cellier Steakhouse in Epcot’s Canada, and ‘Ohana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. No visit to Walt Disney World is complete without a guest enjoying a unique and delicious dining experience!
6. Fantasmic! – Get ready to watch a battle of good vs. evil as Mickey and Friends take on some of the creepiest of Disney Villains! This outdoor, amphitheater nighttime show is bursting with awesome music, pyrotechnics, lasers, fireworks, and water screens. Plus, the amount of Disney characters you’ll catch a glimpse of is rather impressive! Check show times and think about making a Fantasmic dining package or FastPass+ for prime seating.
5. World Showcase – One of the most unique places to explore on a Disney vacation is World Showcase in Epcot. Featuring eleven different pavilions, guests can travel around the world and experience eleven unique countries without leaving the park! Featuring countries like Mexico, Japan, and the United Kingdom, World Showcase offers up unique dining and shopping locations as well as the chance to enjoy different cultures, architectural styles, and traditional artwork. With so much to experience in World Showcase, guests will totally feel as though they traveled the world all in one day!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
4. Meet Mickey – Guests who travel to Walt Disney World simply must experience meeting Mickey Mouse. Mickey can be found at character breakfasts throughout property like Tusker House Restaurant in Disney’s Animal Kingdom or Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Guests who are looking for a more personal one on one experience with Mickey should head to Town Square Theater on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom where Mickey is decked out in his magician’s costume and even talks! Guests can pose for photos, get autographs, and chat with this popular Mouse!
3. Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – At the end of each day in Epcot, guests gather around World Showcase Lagoon to watch this nighttime show. Symbolically gathering around the fire, guests can delight in fireworks, a lovely score, laser lights, dancing water, pyrotechnics, and a beautiful message of unity. While there are amazing viewing spots all along the shores of World Showcase Lagoon, guests should still find a spot at least thirty minutes before Illuminations is set to begin. No day in Epcot should end without a viewing of this show!
2. Animal Kingdom At Night – You don’t want to skip out early from Animal Kingdom! Now coming to life at night, guest have the opportunity to enjoy an amphitheater style show called Rivers of Light where nature is celebrated in an incredibly beautiful way! And who’s ready to dance? The Discovery Island Carnivale is a fun event to dance with colorfully costumed dancers, stilt walkers and musicians. The Tree of Life Awakenings is a perfect way to cap off the evening with its projections and music lighting up the iconic Animal Kingdom symbol. And finally, the perfect evening experience is a visit to Pandora – World of Avatar to see this beautiful land glow at night! Truly remarkable.
1. Happily Ever After – Fireworks have always been the perfect way to wrap up a day at Magic Kingdom! Happily Ever After Fireworks has replaced Wishes, but has thankfully lived up to the beautiful display of fireworks, lasers, projection, music, and storytelling Magic Kingdom is known for. With 18-minutes of “heart, heroism, and humor”, Happily Ever After will send you on your way with your own “happily ever after” ending to an unforgettable Magic Kingdom day!