Although the cost of maintaining just the Magic Kingdom alone tops $100-million annually, there is still work that needs to be done to update the attractions. Each Disney Park has its own list of attractions needing a refreshing of that special Disney Touch, I am sure you agree. Below is a list of those that often top guest’s wish list for updating. Please share your additions to this list in the comment section or on Facebook.
6. Epcot Future World: Journey into Imagination, Ellen’s Universe of Energy, Innoventions-which we have just been told Disney will remove all of the attractions on one side and replace them with all new sponsors and attractions. Maybe Walt’s intention to have this area be constantly changing to show the very latest in technology will be realized? At least it is a change. (Note: If you have not played the Great Piggy Bank game though you really should do it before it goes away!)
5. Ellen’s Universe of Energy at Epcot’s Future World breaks down very often, often enough that people don’t want to expend the energy to walk to it to see if it is open. It begins with a pre-show film and then a ride, supposedly into Ellen’s brain, as guests see how fossil fuel is created. This is in bad need of an update in the ride system itself and the content could use a refresher, perhaps taking us into this century to include more modern forms of energy?
4. Journey Into Imagination-since losing its sponsor Kodak, it is ripe for another company to come in and really make this attraction exciting again. It currently is continuing to show Captain EO, as it adds to a short FastPass+ list, but it needs to be replaced. The Journey Into Imagination ride is loved by some, but as one who never embraced Figment, I would love to see this space used for something better. This attraction is one many completely by-pass or pause long enough to look at the unique fountains. It is a nice building and could once again be a great attraction If Disney would refocus it on something as great as Imagination. There are so many possibilities here with the theme and the structure that already exists. Surely the Disney Imagineers team could come up with something more in tune with Imagination in 2015 and going forward?
3. Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Animation Academy-the Art of Animation is a great area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, yet sadly overlooked. You cannot tell from the humble arched entry that there are some of the best experiences at the park are back there. One area that could use some much deserved attention is Animation Academy which is a drawing class where a Disney Character Artist teaches guests how to draw a Disney character in a twenty-minute class. Guests sit at light tables with paper and pencil and the characters are broken down into easy-to-replicate instruction so you leave with your own drawing which makes a great souvenir or you can also take it to that character and have them autograph it! The class is amazing, the Character Artists are diverse in teaching styles and most of them are quite entertaining. The update needs to be with the facilities, not the artists. There is a big demand for these classes with lines that extend into gallery areas of the attraction. It would be great to have an additional studio and maybe have the artists stay busy teaching rather than also having stroller parking? Having a second studio would accommodate the demand and also keep the experience intimate so the artist and students can still communicate with each other.
2. Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest needs the Yeti fixed, please Disney. If you are going to be selling all this merchandise based on the Yeti, you need to make sure riders see and interact with the Yeti as originally designed. Chester & Hester’s Dino Rama? I would love to see this space used for better things. Leave the giant yellow dinosaur though, he is cute. TriceraTop Spin is an acceptable spin on Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride and small children need some fun in this park so it serves a demographic important to Disney. Changing the prizes to something Disney would be a great change from the carnival game prizes. Find a way to make the storyline behind this section of DinoLand more apparent.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
1. Magic Kingdom: Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Stitch’s Great Escape, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise-these are some of the attractions in the Magic Kingdom that would benefit from an update. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin needs to have all the repairs done to make the attraction work properly and a good cleaning too. It is plagued with breakdowns and guns that just won’t work. It is horrible to wait in line for an attraction only to finally board the ride vehicle and part of it, the most important part, not even work. Stitch’s Great Escape is a horrible remake of Alien Encounter and although we would all love to have a Stitch attraction this is not a good one. Jungle Cruise could use an update although it is a ride loved by many, it is in great need of improvements. Since there is going to be a Jungle Cruise themed restaurant opening in Adventureland wouldn’t it be great if they updated the ride too? This brings us to Pirates of the Caribbean, which is arguably the most beloved on this list and in need of updates. The attraction will be down from mid-May through September and we hope they can fix the issues that have dogged it since putting in new boats. These boats do not seem to “fit” the track properly and violently bounce around at the bottom of the hill which also causes the water to roll over the top of the boat and sometimes drench the riders in the front. You cannot expect to ride this at any time because it is down a lot for boats getting stuck or something broken on it. Hopefully Disney will finally make this beloved ride work again and perhaps that will include new boats?