Disney is always special, but sometimes they outdo themselves. I love seeing Disney dressed up or celebrating the holidays! Here are six really amazing special events that I think you absolutely must experience at Walt Disney World:
5. Holidays Around the World: Disney does Christmas like no other. I love Epcot at Christmastime because all of World Showcase gets in the spirit. For just a few days in December, each country gives us a glimpse of their special holiday traditions and lets us join in the cheer! The Pavilions have special foods and shows and visits from St. Nick or Pere Noel or La Befana or any of the amazing stories from these places. This is such a special time to get in the holiday spirit, but to also learn and appreciate that spirit in a different way.
4. Candlelight Processional: This event is unlike any other on Disney property. And it only happens at Christmas. For some of November and all of December, every night a celebrity hosts this massive reading of the Christmas story, accompanied by a full orchestra and choirs. This event takes place at the America Gardens Theatre in Epcot and is truly a treat for the senses. The orchestra and choirs (including Voices of Liberty!), dressed in robes and placed around the stage, fill the entire space, with the narrator centered to speak. It is a beautiful sight, with beautiful sounds and a beautiful story.
3. Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party: Grim grinning ghosts really do come out to socialize! Honestly, how often do you get to go trick-or-treating in Magic Kingdom with Mickey and Minnie and all of your favorite characters ever? This event is just so cool. I love going to the parks at night, so this one is especially fun for me. With admission to this event you get to stay in Magic Kingdom until midnight (can you say Cinderella?). There are special parades and shows and music and fireworks! It’s a super fun way to get excited for Halloween and see the park in a new light, or lack of light!
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Flower and Garden Festival: Nothing says spring like a park covered in buds and blossoms of all different shapes and colors. During Flower and Garden, Epcot comes alive. This festival extends all over the park, not just World Showcase like Food and Wine. The best part of F&G for me is the topiaries. They’re just absolutely stunning and so, so fun. It’s always exciting to see your favorite Disney characters reimagined. F&G is also special because Disney brings in HGTV stars and artists to do demonstrations and displays.
1. Food and Wine Festival: Food and Wine is my favorite time of the year. I have begun to characterize fall not by the changing of the leaves, but by the uncovering of food booths and wine tastings. F&W brings a whole new flavor to Epcot. It’s as if the entire park caters to this one event. Each country highlights their unique foods and beer and wine for the festival. This is a great chance to try new things without major commitment! Food and Wine is also a time to meet great local artists who have displays throughout the park. This festival is quite the party: eat, drink and be merry!
What are your favorite special events?