Epcot has so many restaurants and snack stands, guests can easily get overwhelmed by all the choices. Walt Disney World in general has dozens of amazing restaurants, but there is concentration of them at Epcot. World Showcase especially offers unique meals inspired by the flavors and culture of the host country.
That’s all well and good, but what about when it’s mid-afternoon and you want a quick bite to eat before jetting off for a Fastpass? Then Yorkshire County Fish Shop is the place for you! Located in the United Kingdom pavilion, the Yorkshire County Fish Shop is often overlooked by Disney newbies who often go for the online-favorites like School Bread from the Norway pavilion. Here are five reasons you should try Yorkshire County on your next Walt Disney World vacation!
5. Sharable Portions: Yorkshire County Fish Shop is actually one of my favorite places for a snack, despite it not being a “snack” location. The Fish and Chips comes with two strips of fish, and french fries, and the basket is quite filling. You can easily share it among 4 people. My family often chooses to share the Fish and Chips when we want a quick snack before our dinner reservations, but don’t want to fill up. The Fish and Chips is also a tasty choice for those “snacking around the world.” If you’re worried about being hungry still, add a piece of fruit or the Victoria Sponge Cake for a sweet ending to your savory snack.
4. Short Line: Yorkshire County specializes in only a few menu items. That means you won’t find people holding up a line by trying to decide on what to eat. In my experiences, this is one of the fastest moving lines at Walt Disney World. Your food comes out quickly too, since the cooks are making only a few things. That means waiting in line won’t eat up your time like it can in other pavilions (looking at you, France!).
3. Easy Access: Yorkshire County is located right off the promenade, next to Rose and Crown, and across from The Tea Caddy. Finding this gem is so easy, you’ll wonder how you ever walked right past it before! Since the United Kingdom pavilion is not deep into World Showcase, you can pop in easily in between Fastpasses in Future World. And Yorkshire County is a hop skip and a jump from the International Gateway, Epcot’s back door. Guests either coming or going will find it a convenient place to grab a quick snack. Between the short line, and the easy access to the shop, you can get your treat and be on with your day in a matter of minutes. Either take your food with you as you continue to explore World Showcase, or sit down to enjoy your British fare.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
2. Nearby Seating: Yorkshire County Fish Shop has some outdoor patio seating that flanks the Rose and Crown restaurant. The seating area is located right next to the lagoon, and it’s shaded! So it’s a really nice place to sit down and relax for a while. Since you’re sitting between the water and the World Showcase promenade, it’s a great for people or duck watching, whatever your pleasure. Take a break here while others in your party look through the shops in the United Kingdom pavilion.
1. Tasty Food: Finally, you’ll love Yorkshire County Fish Shop because it has really tasty food! What turns so many people away from fish and chips is that when done poorly, the fish can be soggy or mushy, with breading falling off. Not so here! The fried fish comes out hot and crispy, just the way it should be. Top it off with vinegar the British way, or go for the safer, American, option of ketchup. Pair your fish with a Bass Ale or Harp Lager, and you’ll feel ready to toast to the Queen! Order your beer with a souvenir stein to commemorate your day in Epcot.
There are my five favorite things about Yorkshire County Fish Shop? What aspect of this gem is your favorite? Did I miss something you love? Let us know!