Happy New Year to all of our readers out there! We have no doubt that 2019 will mean a lot of fun and amazing experiences at Walt Disney World. There are a ton of great things coming in 2019 and we have a look from Disney Parks Blog at 19 of them!
1. Anything Can Happen at Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration – Starting Jan. 18, Magic Kingdom Park is honoring Mickey and Minnie Mouse with new entertainment, merchandise and specialty food and beverages. The new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” will debut at Main Street, U.S.A. several times each day. You will also be able to meet Mickey and Minnie wearing their new birthday outfits in Town Square Theater.
2. Celebrate the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios – On May 1, Walt Disney World Resort will celebrate the 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The park will feature the new 30th anniversary logo all year long!
3. Say a Fond Farewell to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – After nearly 20 years of performances at Epcot, IllumiNations will be saying farewell. A new show will be debuting around World Showcase Lagoon in the second part of the year.
4. Jaleo Cooks Up Fresh Tastes at Disney Springs – Chef José Andrés will bring the spirit and flavors of Spain to Disney Springs with his new Jaleo restaurant, which is scheduled to open this winter.
5. Party with Pixar Pals at Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Starting Jan. 18, celebrate the park’s 30th anniversary with The Incredibles, who will host a dance party at Pixar Avenue. A door to the monster world will open at Walt Disney Presents, where Mike and Sulley from Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.” will be greeting you. You can also check out Toy Story Land for all of the fun there.
6. Disney on Broadway Concert Series Expands During Epcot International Festival of the Arts –This celebration of the visual, culinary and performing arts returns Jan. 18-Feb. 25. This year, the Disney on Broadway Concert Series will be held on seven days a week.
7. “The Lion King” Roars Again at Disney’s Animal Kingdom – 2019 marks the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney Pictures’ animated classic “The Lion King.” Starting Jan. 18 Rafiki and Timon lead the “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” on Discovery Island.
8. Take in the Topiaries During Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival – The popular festival will return March 6-June 3. This year, the Garden Rocks Concert Series will include three shows a day for all 90 days of the event.
9. Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy Speeds into Disney’s Hollywood Studios – This new show is set to open this spring. Racing legend Lightning McQueen will teach you about racing from his years of experience on the track. This will be the untold story of Lightning McQueen … as told by Lightning McQueen!
10. H2O Glow Nights Return to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – These evening beach parties will happen Thursdays and Saturdays from May 30 through Aug. 24, transforming the water park into a new nighttime experience through special music, lighting and food. Come party with friends from Pixar’s “Toy Story” films during the 30th anniversary summer of Typhoon Lagoon!
11. New Cinematic Nighttime Experience Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios – As part of the theme park’s 30th anniversary, Wonderful World of Animation will debut May 1. The show will use state-of-the-art technology to take you on a magical journey through more than 90 years of Disney animation, all beginning with Mickey.
12. Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort to Open New Tower – This summer, the resort will complete a total reimagining, including the new 15-story Gran Destino tower featuring a rooftop restaurant and 545 new guest rooms. A second new restaurant will be located on an island in the middle of the resort’s 14-acre lake, while all of its existing 1,800-plus rooms have been fully updated with new fixtures and furnishings.
13. NBA Experience Will Be a Slam Dunk at Disney Springs – This is a new experience that will allow you to be your own scouting report, take you through pregame preparations and let you step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight reel-worthy slam dunks.
14. Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Will Spice Up Fall – The aromas and flavors of global marketplaces will welcome you to the 24th year of the festival. You’ll have a chance to meet celebrity chefs, try new food and wine pairings, and listen to great music during the Eat to the Beat Concert Series.
15. Major Youth Sporting Events Return to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex – The Jr. NBA World Championship will return to the complex, showcasing top boys and girls basketball teams from around the world. In December, the 63rd Pop Warner Super Bowl will bring hundreds of young football players to Walt Disney World to compete in national championship games.
16. Explore Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – The deeply immersive land finally opens at Disney’s Hollywood Studios this fall! You’ll explore Black Spire Outpost on the planet Batuu, where you’ll find all manner of new sights, sounds, smells, tastes, characters and creatures from a galaxy far, far away. The land will also feature two new attractions: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
17. Take a Ride on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway – Opening later this year at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this will be the first ride-through attraction themed to Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. New technologies will transform the two-dimensional cartoon world into an astounding multi-dimensional experience.
18. Glide Through the Air in the Disney Skyliner – Disney Skyliner will offer amazing views of the resort as guests float in gondolas to either Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios with access to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and the new Disney’s Riviera Resort.
19. Disney’s Riviera Resort Will Be 15th Disney Vacation Club Resort – Scheduled to open by the end of this year, Disney’s Riviera Resort will reflect an elegant early 20th-century design, inspired by Walt Disney’s travels to the Mediterranean. The deluxe DVC resort is slated to offer approximately 300 family-friendly vacation home units.
Which of these new additions are you most excited for?
Photo and Source Credit: Disney Parks Blog
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!