Many guests love taking a Walt Disney World vacation to escape the stress of everyday life and lose themselves in a resort of fun, fantasy, and Disney magic. Disney vacations can be even more special when a guest is visiting during a time when they are celebrating something in particular. In each park, guests can pick up free round buttons which let other guests and Cast Members know what they are celebrating. The buttons include options like Happy Birthday, 1st Visit, I’m Celebrating, and more. With so many options to choose from, it is no wonder why guests love celebrating special occasions at Walt Disney World. Guests who opt to wear the celebrate buttons can often run into some unexpected magic thanks to the fact that they are celebrating. Here are nine things that might happen when guests wear a celebrate button, but no guarantee!
9. FastPasses – Guests who are wearing celebrate buttons often end up being gifted a spot in a FastPass+ lane if a Cast Member notices their special occasion. Proudly flaunting a button and being friendly when asked about the special occasion can end up saving guests lots of time that would have otherwise been spent waiting in a stand-by line for a popular attraction.
8. Audience Participation – The Indiana Jones Epcot Stunt Spectacular in Disney’s Hollywood Studios brings guests into iconic scenes from the film series and demonstrates how stunts are pulled off safely. Throughout the show, audience members are brought onto the stage to act as extras in a marketplace scene where Indy fights the bad guys. These extras are chosen in the beginning of the show and those who are wearing celebrate buttons might have a better chance of being picked if they try.
7. Making Friends – Often times guests who wear celebrate buttons end up making friends with other guests! Guests in Walt Disney World are always happy to be enjoying a day in the parks and rarely pass up the opportunity to wish a passing guest a happy birthday, happy anniversary, or congratulations when they spot a button.
6. Cast Member Congratulations – In addition to the recognition from other guests, those who wear celebrate buttons find themselves constantly being congratulated or wished well by Cast Members who notice the celebration. Cast Members are always friendly and courteous to guests, and if they spot a celebrate button they are sure to congratulate the guests and even strike up a conversation!
5. Singing Bus Drivers – Guests who wear happy birthday buttons and find themselves on a bus traveling around Walt Disney World might find themselves being serenaded by other guests. Some bus drivers who notice happy birthday buttons will pick up their radio during the drive and lead the whole bus in a chorus of “Happy Birthday” to help the guests celebrate.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
4. Extra Attention – Guests who meet Disney characters love interacting while posing for photos and signing autographs. Those who wear celebrate buttons end up receiving extra attention from the characters who often express their own congratulations. Special interactions with characters is a great perk of wearing a celebrate button.
3. Free Dessert – Guests who are dining in a Walt Disney World full service restaurant and celebrating a special occasion might find themselves with a sweet treat courtesy of the chef. Guests who are wearing their celebrate buttons might catch the attention of their waiter who might pass the word along and end up making magic happen via a free dessert.
2. Grand Marshall – Each day a different family is also chosen to be the grand marshals who help to kick off the Festival of Fantasy Parade in the Magic Kingdom. The family that is chosen gets to ride in a special car and officially begin the parade with a celebratory ride down Main Street. Guests who are wearing celebrate buttons might have a better chance at being picked to be the grand marshals.
1. Upgrades – Sometimes guests who are celebrating a special occasion at Walt Disney World are offered complimentary upgrades at their Disney Resorts. Cast Members working at the front desk or concierge in each resort might spot a celebrate button and offer a free upgrade to help the guest celebrate a special occasion!