Florida is easily one of the warmest states in the country. Even during the cooler months, visitors to Walt Disney World are likely to experience some pretty warm days. Meanwhile, those who visit during the summer months will understand just how serious Florida heat can get. This can leave everyone in your party feeling pretty grumpy if you aren’t careful, so it’s important to go in prepared to handle the heat. Here are our top ten favorite ways to beat the extreme summer temperatures in Disney World.
1. Water Parks
Most people know that Walt Disney World Resort consists of four main theme parks. What some people don’t realize is that there are also two amazing water parks on Disney property. If you’ll be visiting during the late spring, summer, or early fall, a visit to one of these water parks is a wonderful idea. This will give you and your family a chance to cool off before heading back out into the main parks.
2. Water Play Areas
Of course, not everyone can make it to a water park during their trip, and even those who can will be looking for ways to cool off while in other parts of the resort. This is where spraygrounds step in. There are a few water play areas in Disney World, and kids—and kids at heart—will be thrilled to find one on a super hot day. Here’s where to look:
- Magic Kingdom: In Fantasyland near Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Epcot: On the bridge from Future World into the World Showcase
- Animal Kingdom: Water features in the Boneyard Playground
- Disney Springs: Near the Once Upon a Toy store and near the Days of Christmas store
3. Ice Cream Treats
If there’s one thing Disney World has plenty of, it’s sweet treats, meaning ice cream is plentiful and easy to find in any of the parks or resorts. Whether you choose to pick up a Mickey Bar, dive into a Dole Whip Float, or get a Kitchen Sink Sundae from Beaches and Cream, you’re sure to feel nice and cool afterwards.
For a no obligation, FREE Quote with new bookings contact our sponsor Magical Vacation Planner by calling: 1(407)442-0289
Or for a free no obligation quote with new bookings you can fill out the form by Clicking HERE!
4. Free Beverages
Many are surprised to learn that some things are actually free at Disney World. For instance, you can keep your tribe hydrated and cool by picking up free ice water at any counter-service restaurant in the parks. Meanwhile, those who prefer a bit of fizz in their drink can visit Club Cool in Epcot for a bit of free soda. (We find the melon favor to be especially refreshing.)
5: Indoor Shows
Disney knows how to do entertainment right, and that means any one of their shows is well worth seeing. That said, the indoor shows are what you’re going to be looking for on the hottest days. The following awesome shows offer air conditioning and a break from the glaring sunshine:
- Magic Kingdom: Carousel of Progress, Enchanted Tiki Room, Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Hall of Presidents, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Epcot: American Adventure, Reflections of China, Impressions de France, O Canada!
- Animal Kingdom: Finding Nemo the Musical and Circle of Life
- Hollywood Studios: Disney Junior – Live on Stage!, For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, Muppet*Vision 3D, Voyage of the Little Mermaid
6: Indoor Queues
Another awesome way to snatch up some air conditioning is to hop in an indoor queue for an indoor ride. Depending on which ride you choose, this could allow you to bask in the cool for an hour or more. Some of the best rides for this include:
- Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean
- Epcot: Soarin’ Around the World, Frozen Ever After, Three Caballeros, Mission: Space, Finding Nemo, Living with the Land,Test Track
- Animal Kingdom: Na’vi River Journey, Flight of Passage, Dinosaur
- Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours, Rockin’ Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror
7. Indoor Playgrounds
The smallest visitors may appreciate cooling off in an air conditioned play area. Fortunately, there are a couple of these in Disney World. In Magic Kingdom, the indoor fun can be found under the big top in the queue for Dumbo the Flying Elephant, where there is an enormous and amazing circus-themed playground. In Epcot, you can find an air conditioned playground at the exit for Mission: Space.
8. Water Rides
Of course, water rides are always an option. While there aren’t a whole lot of these types of rides in Disney World, there are some. Try Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids for a refreshing splash next time the heat is too much to handle.
9. Resort Pools
Are you staying in a Disney World Resort? If so, you’ll be happy to hear that all Disney hotels have amazing swimming pools. This means you can take some time to cool off every time you happen to be at your hotel. In fact, we highly recommend scheduling a resort day into your trip in order to allow yourself to really enjoy all the amenities your hotel has to offer. This will be an amazing opportunity to get in some swimming and really cool off.
10. Nighttime Visits
Lastly, we must mention that nighttime is one of the very best times to visit a Disney park. Not only is it much cooler, but the lights, sounds, and atmosphere are all tons of fun. Best of all, nighttime is when the Disney World sky lights up with incredible fireworks displays.
If the heat of the day is getting to you, try taking a midday break and returning later that night. You’ll probably be glad you did.